Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Congratulations Ellie Huey

Ellie Huey 
I have officially accepted a permanent full-time position of Terminal Duty Officer with the Vancouver Airport Authority!

After 2+ years with Marquise/Carillion (now Outland-Carillion as the company was just obtained by Fairfax) working as a Customer Service Ambassador, OCA, Call Centre Officer, Trainer, and Relief Supervisor, I feel ready for the next challenge. 

I couldn't have achieved this milestone without my BCIT knowledge, or without the colleagues I had rallying around me; specifically Marcia Strang, Cal Currie, and Jason McArthur from my BCIT student practicums, who mentored me throughout my career thus far and acted as references for various opportunities.

While the past two years have had a couple rocky patches, I couldn't be happier with the path I've chosen and how well Airport Ops (and the support from you three amazing women!) set me up to overcome life's obstacles.  I hope you are all doing well, and look forward to seeing you at the next  aviation social event.

No comments:

Post a Comment