Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SWIFT Conference 2013

Darshan (Student from Georgian College) and I 
at the Aviation Space Museum 

SWIFT Conference and Trade show 2013, Ottawa

by Candace McKibbon- Airport Operations Class 17

I was fortunate enough to win a scholarship with all expenses paid to attend the SWIFT conference and trade show in Ottawa from September 09-12, 2013. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. The amount of information that I was able to learn was great.  For example, I now know about all the ways to manage grass, plow runways, and apply runway markings! Delegates from all over the world attended the conference, from Port Hardy to London Heathrow. I had a great time meeting and networking with Airfield Managers and operators from all over the world and really developed some great friendships. 

Handing out a door prize to a delegate 
at the Keynote Dinner
The SWIFT conference is being held in Vancouver next year, and I encourage everyone to attend, even if you aren’t interested in how snow is removed or the equipment they use, you will be interested by the end of the conference.



What a wonderful and educational experience it was, it is something that I will take with me throughout my future career in aviation. One of the most amazing experiences was the hospitality night where I was able to network with aviation professionals at a barbecue held in the Canada Aviation Space Museum. Eating dinner, having conversation, surrounded by vintage aircraft. Think about that. Amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment